Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Day Off!


Dylan had a day off school, but his sister did not. So, we had a one-on-one day. I kept asking him what he wanted to do: park, bike ride, gym? He didn't like any of his choices and just kept saying, "I want to stay home." Well, I wanted to get him to play and interact with me, so I watched what he was doing on the computer. He has been fascinated with the Honda car web site. His favorite new car is the Honda Fit. He wants me to trade in my minivan for a red one. So, finally, I said, do you want to go drive the Honda Fit. Suddenly, Dylan's eyes lit up and he was back "with" me. He ran to get his shoes and yelled "Let's GO!" He kept telling me to hurry and get in the car. When I got close to the Cheverolet dealership, he made sure I knew not to turn until Honda. Luckily, at the Honda dealership, they were popping fresh popcorn while Dylan waited (he got the popcorn gene from his Grandpa Staples). And then, he got his wish... a ride with mommy in a red, shiny Honda Fit. A boy's dream day! At least I got his attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment