Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Bummer!

Shopping for Dylan and trying to make his Christmas list can really bum me out. When I look at toys appopriate for his age, I realize how far behind he is and get down. Dylan would really just like to ask for toy trains year after year. We are trying to teach him that he's growing up and needs to play with toys and read books for his age level. He sometimes gets it, but more often goes back to his old stuff. I was with Dylan at Target and he picked out this game for his Wii game that uses a mat with the game. When I got home, I realized he couldn't co-ordinate looking at the mat and the TV while doing motions -- entirely above him. So, that spun me into a "poor me" mentality -- will he ever get caught up? Will he ever be ready for toys and games and sports for his age group? The Chicago Tribune wrote about this topic of buying toys for autism kids. They summed it up, it's no fun buying toys that are way too young for your child and realizing how far behind they really are! Bah hum bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment